Due to COVID-19, Raglan Mine has postponed the call for project deadline for the 2020 Akkivik program.
Therefore, in order to maximize the program reach, the revised program timeline is as follows:
- Call for projects : June 29th to July 29th, 2020
- Projects analysis : July 30th to August 21st, 2020
- Final approval : September 15th, 2020
Please note that this decision has no impact on projects submitted for the 2019 Akkivik program.
Through the Akkivik Program (“to give a leg up” in Inuktitut), Raglan Mine is looking to offer a leg up to its host communities by supporting projects that will provide direct and long term social and economic development, at a local level, in Kangiqsujuaq and Salluit. The Akkivik Program responds to the desire of creating a lasting positive legacy, beyond the Raglan Agreement.
Focus on the Akkivik program
The focus of the Akkivik program is to actively support initiatives by providing some “seed-money” and/or in-kind support to help community projects in Kangiqsujuaq and Salluit. The overarching concepts of advancement, self-sufficiency and working together locally will inform all aspects of this process.
Theme areas the Akkivik program aims to support
- Community Health & Well-Being
- Education, Training & Leadership Development (Focus on Youth; Focus on Traditional Knowledge/Practice)
- Entrepreneurial Capacity Development & Job Creation
- Food Security through local food production or procurement
- Energy Security through alternative energy development